Botox injections are used to decrease the facial wrinkle appearance. These injections can treat certain conditions like lazy eyes, spasms, overactive bladder, and excessive sweating.
Injections of botox help in the prevention of chronic migraines. A toxin is used in these injections that are called onabotulinumtoxinA. It inhibits a muscle from movement temporarily. A microbe that is involved in causing botulism produces this toxin.
Botulism is a type of food poisoning type. Botox is the first drug in which botulinum toxin is used. Other products that use this toxin are incobotulinumtoxinA, abobotulinumtoxinA, and rimabotulinumtoxinB.
There is a little difference in dosage units between each of these products. That’s why you cannot interchange them. Botox injections work to block the specific chemical signals from your nerves, mainly the signals involved in muscle contraction.
These injections relax your facial muscles temporarily, causing wrinkles in the area of the eyes and forehead. Botox injections are also used for treating conditions that can disrupt certain functions of the body. The examples are:
- Lazy Eye: The imbalance of the muscles that position your eye can cause a lazy eye.
- Cervical Dystonia: In this condition, the muscles of an individual’s neck contract involuntarily. It can lead to head twisting. Your head may turn to adopt an uncomfortable position.
- Muscle Contractures: Limbs sometimes pull in toward the position of the center due to certain neurological conditions like cerebral as. Botox injections relax these contracted muscles in some cases.
- Hyperhidrosis: Excessive sweating occurs in this condition without hot weather conditions or doing any work.
- Chronic Migraine: Botox injections help reduce the headache if you are experiencing it for more than 15 days in one month.
- Bladder Dysfunction: Overactive bladder may sometimes cause incontinence of urine. Botox injections help to reduce this incontinence.
- Eye Twitching: Injections of botox help decrease the twitching of muscles present around the eyes.
When an experienced doctor gives you the injection of botox, botox fort lauderdale fl, they are safe. But there are certain complications and side effects that include:
- Eye dryness
- Excessive tearing
- Pain and swelling at the area where the injection is placed
- Flu-like symptoms
The toxin injection can spread in the body, but this condition is very rare. Call your doctor after noticing the following side effects of injection for hours or weeks.
- Problems of vision
- Muscle weakness
- Loss of control on bladder
- Breathing issues
- Trouble in swallowing
- Speaking issues
People who are allergic to cow milk protein should not take these injections. Doctors recommend not to take the injections of Boti during breastfeeding and pregnancy. You should use these injections only if the doctor recommends you to.
Doctors or health care professionals should place the injections carefully to avoid possible side effects. If anyone administers the Botox therapy incorrectly, it can be harmful. A primary care doctor may refer a person to place an injection.
Doctors have experience in administering the treatment of Botox. A certified and skilled doctor gives you proper advice regarding the procedure and helps you to know if it is good for your health and requirements.
Tell the doctor if you took the Botox injection a few months ago. Also, tell them if you are currently taking muscle relaxants or medications for allergies. You have to tell your doctor about using sleeping aids if you do.
It is necessary to inhibit the use of blood thinner many days before taking the injection. It decreases the risk of bruising or bleeding.
Most people do have issues during the procedure. They do not report discomfort. If your soles and palms are treated for excessive sweating, you may want the skin numbed.
Doctors will use different methods to numb the area. They may use vibration anesthesia, topical anesthesia, and ice to decrease discomfort.
Doctors may perform the treatment of Botox in the office usually. Your doctor will use a thin needle to object a specific amount of botulinum toxin in your muscles or skin.
The number of injections you may require is associated with different factors, including the area that needs treatment.
Do not try to massage or rub the treated area for the next 24 hours. It helps to prevent the spread of toxins to other areas. After the procedure, you can return to your normal life activities.
The injections of Botox usually work after two or three days of receiving treatment. The effect can remain for three months or longer than this time.
It depends on the specific problems for which you are taking treatment. Regular follow-up injections are required to maintain the treatment.