Nowadays, many facilities, especially schools and hotels, have invested in pools. A swimming pool can be above the ground or in-ground.
It is necessary to have a clean pool to avoid infections. Some homeowners have swimming pools in their homes too. To maintain a clean and healthy environment, you must invest in the right pool supplies.
Choosing the right supplies can be a hectic task because there are so many types in the market. You must be knowledgeable to discern what you will need. You can break these discount pool closing supplies into four main categories; pool chemicals, accessories, covers, and equipment.
1. Pool Chemicals
These are among the essential supplies for pools. For proper maintenance, you must use several different chemicals.
These chemicals can be purchased either individually or in swimming pool chemical kits. The kits are further grouped into three types. These are startup kits, season supply, and closing kits.
Chemical kits are advantageous since they are already pre-measured per pool size. Particular chemicals must be on your must-have list if you want a clean pool with crystal clear water.
- Sanitizers– include chlorine and bromine tablets. They kill bacteria and any other contaminants. The level of sanitizer you use to clean should be consistent and constant from the first day.
- Shocking chemicals– come in two types; chlorine pool shock (calcium, lithium, and sodium powder) and chlorine-free pool shock. Shocking chemicals oxidize water and burn off any impurities. It is also used to kill bacteria and algae, bleach plaster stains, and raise low chlorine levels.
- Algaecides– are manufactured to prevent the growth of algae. Three types are sold in different strengths; quats, polymers, and copper.
- Balancing chemicals– are used to correct and maintain balanced water chemistry. It is essential to test and balance the pH, total alkalinity, and calcium hardness every day.
2. Pool Accessories
They are grouped in the following way;
- Clarifiers– are a coagulant for suspended contaminants, including algae and dirt. It attracts anything that is not water, and once it is big enough, you can remove using a pool filter.
- Stain chemicals– stains are caused mainly by water imbalance. These chemicals keep metals and minerals in a solution form to prevent clouding the pool resulting in stains.
- Cleaning tools– help when doing your regular pool cleaning. These tools are vacuum hoses, skimmer net, pool brush, leaf rakes, leaf gulpers, and more. A skimmer net cleans the water surface while brush scrubs the pool walls and floor.
- Winter pool supplies are best for pool owners living in Snowbelt areas. These supplies ensure your pool is properly closed during the off-season to avoid stains and damage. Examples of these supplies are winter covers, winter pool chemicals, winter plugs, and antifreeze, to mention a few. Read more here https://www.bobvila.com/articles/best-pool-supplies/
3. Pool Covers
They come depending on the weather in your geographical area and the type of pool.
- Safety pool covers– are best for in-ground pools. They last for 10-15 years without requiring any maintenance. Besides safety measures, safety covers allow rainwater and snowmelt to pass through its mesh.
- Solar pool covers– save water by reducing evaporation and raising the water temperature. Since you will not need gas or electric pool heaters, they are energy savers. They come in round and oval sizes for above-ground pools and rectangular for in-ground.
- Winter pool covers- are made from a solid material to maximize resistance against snow, small animals, branches, and ice. Depending on pool size, they come in round and oval shapes for above-ground designs, while in-ground designs have rectangular covers. Regularly remove collected rainwater and ice from the cover to reduce stress and avoid leaks that may contaminate the pool underneath.
Here, we have a variety.
- Pump– pulls water from the pool and pushes it through a filter. Always quickly discover and fix pump problems because filters, heaters, cleaners, and contaminators will not work if they are faulty. Although they are designed to operate continuously, it is best to use a timer to save energy and reduce wear and tear.
- Filters– trap contaminants, including dirt and organics. To avoid poor water quality, always run the filter daily. For effectiveness, choose an over-size filter with regard to the size of your pool.
- Heaters– raise water temperature allowing you to swim during cold days and seasons.
There is much equipment that is necessary when cleaning a pool. Others include pool cleaners and chlorinators. These two are equally crucial in maintenance. Click here to read more.
Having a clean, clear, and healthy pool will attract more clients for business purposes. There are many pool supplies other than those discussed above. You might not need all these products, but some essentials are a must-have. Normalize cleaning your pool daily and cover it when not in use. Knowledge is power. Know your tools, understand how to use them, and where to purchase them.