If you are a loyal Microsoft Outlook user, you agree that it is, for the most part, error-free. But sometimes errors like [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] appear on the screen and can ruin your day. This error cannot be closed or fixed simply by updating or rebooting. You will need to fix the problem yourself or follow various troubleshooting methods [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6].
The Microsoft Outlook desktop application is sustainable software protected by SSL and TLS security ciphers provided by Microsoft. However, sometimes you will see the error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6. When Outlook causes such errors, the work becomes restless and tedious. For a non-technical user, such errors can affect productivity. Therefore, I will offer solutions to fix the problem using efficient methods.
This blog article describes several methods that you can use to correct this error and keep Microsoft Outlook working as before. Before we fix the error, let’s examine what is causing this error to get an idea of how severe or minor this error is on your system.
First, let’s understand why the given error occurs. Read from the next section to learn more.
Why does the Error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 Occur in Outlook?
There is no specific reason why you see this error like pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 in your Microsoft Outlook application. Users have encountered errors on their screens for various reasons. And it is difficult to know why the error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 is triggered. In this case, it is better to try different troubleshooting methods and wait for one approach to fix the error.
Moreover, this problem occurs when a user tries to connect to the mail server using SSL encryption and the connection fails. SSL encryption may also be disabled for the email account. There are two types of encryption that SMTP servers provide for sending and receiving email; SSL and TLS. If encryption fails to establish a connection due to incorrect configuration, the mentioned error can occur.
Generally, the most common reason for this error is a conflict with the SMTP server. This issue occurs when there is a conflict between the Microsoft Outlook account logged into the application. The error immediately prevents the sending of emails. Other reasons may be an application error or damage.
If there is a conflict with the SMTP server causing the error, you can try the following steps.
- Open the Microsoft Outlook application and select the “File” option in the left corner.
- Go to Account Settings.
- In that, select the E-Mail tab
- Select “Additional Settings” if you promoted.
- Go to Internet Mail Settings. “”
- Go to the “General” tab and enable “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.”
- Click on “Save.”
- Close the M.S Outlook application and reopen it. Check if the error has resolved.
Now, I will clarify what happens while this error occurs.
What Happens When Outlook Error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 Occurs?
While this error arises in Outlook, the following signs easily recognized:
- Windows operating system crashes unpredictably.
- Applications stop responding, and the device must restart.
- The mouse and keyboard take too long to respond.
Here I have explained the best solutions to fix the above error.
Methods to Fix pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 Error in Outlook
There are many ways that a person can correct this error. To help you with this error, I have provided the best methods listed below:
- Reconfigure the SMTP and POP server settings.
- Use SCANPST.exe to repair PST files.
- Verify/delete the double account.
- Repair MS Office application from Control Panel.
The methods given above explained below. So read on to correct the error right away.
1. Reconfigure the SMTP and POP server settings
To fix the error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 in Outlook, you need to configure the SMTP and POP server settings. Follow the steps below:
For MS Outlook 2016
- Run MS Outlook on your device.
- Go to the File menu >> Information >> Account Settings >> Manage Profiles.
- In the Mail Settings box, click the Email Accounts tab.
- Here, select your email account and double-click on it.
- Touch the More Settings button.
- Now check if the outgoing server is configured in My SMTP server and requires authentication.
- Now go to the Advanced tab and find the IMAP and SMTP server port number settings.
- IMAP: 993
- SMTP: 465
Then verify that the encrypted connection set to SSL / TLS. Hence, click on the OK button.
With the method given above, the user can easily configure SSL encryption settings and fix the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 problem in Outlook 2016. Information on how to configure SSL encryption settings in MS Outlook 2010 and 2007 found in the following section.
For MS Outlook 2010
Launch MS Outlook application on your system.
- Go to File tab >> Information >> Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- Here, double-click on your email account.
- Choose more settings
- In the Advanced section, check the IMAP and SMTP port settings.
- IMAP: 993
- SMTP: 587
Then verify that the encrypted server connection set to SSL and TLS. Click on the OK button.
For MS Outlook 2007
- Launch the Control Panel on your computer. Set the category View Large. Choose Mail Settings.
- In the Mail Settings box, click the Email Accounts option.
- Choose or select the email account and click the Change button.
- Go to More settings.
- Now check in the Advanced menu if the incoming and outgoing servers configured as described below. Also, check that the encryption method set to SSL. So click OK to close the settings.
- IMAP: 993
- SMTP: 465
# 2. Use SCANPST.exe to Repair PST files
SCANPST.exe is an inbox repair utility provided by MS Outlook that used to repair damaged PST files. In order to fix pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error, you need to remove PST corruption with SCANPST.exe. Follow the steps given:
- Open Windows Explorer on your computer.
- Now change to the following location: C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office \ Office14. This will open the location where the Microsoft Office files installed.
- Look here for the SCANPST.exe application. Then run the program on your system.
- Browse the PST file and click Start to continue the repair process.
- So select the Create a backup option. Besides, choose or select the browse button to specify the location of the backup file. Hence, choose the repair option to complete the process.
# 3. Check or delete the dual account
The error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 can also occur if MS Outlook configured with duplicate accounts. The following steps will remove the duplicate accounts:
- Launch the control panel on your device.
- Set view to a large category. Then click on the Mail Settings option.
- Select the Email Accounts menu.
- In the account settings, select the duplicate account and click the Remove button.
# 4. Repair MS Office Application from Control panel
MS Outlook error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 can also occur when the MS Office application needs to be repaired. To repair the MS Office application, you need to follow the steps below:
- Open the Control Panel application on your system.
- Select the Uninstall a program option.
- Here, select the MS Office application and click the Change button.
- Select the Repair option. Click on the Next tab.
- Follow the instructions to repair the MS Office application.
- Then reboot your system and start the MS Outlook application.
Addition Methods to Solve the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 Error
If the above solutions did not work and the errors persist, such as pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6, you can try the additional methods discussed below.
1.Troubleshoot Automatic Repair of [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Errors
You can also use the automated or automatic troubleshooting tool, and also it is effortless to install and configure. So the bug in Microsoft Office is fixed almost immediately after launching the application. You don’t need to know any technical issues to run the application. All you have to do run the application like other applications on your Windows operating system.
When you click on the automatic troubleshooting tool’s installation file, a series of windows will appear that you must click to confirm your permission to continue moving and installing the application on your system.
After the installation is complete, you need to open the application and determine where the Microsoft Outlook application installed on your system. With this application, you will learn where the application is installed and start the diagnostic process to identify the error and take specific steps to resolve the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error. If you install a reliable troubleshooting application, you don’t have to worry about file loss. It only works in the MS Outlook application and does not affect other files on your system.
Microsoft Outlook may be one of the most useful applications in Windows, but it is not bug-free like any other third-party application. Sometimes these errors like [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] are very difficult to fix.
Assuming you have minimal operational knowledge of the M.S. Outlook application and following the instructions on Internet forums and websites for troubleshooting instructions. In this case, you can help correct errors quickly.
2. Update the Microsoft Outlook Application to the Latest Version
Microsoft releases the latest updates almost every month. Upgrading to the newest version can resolve many of the application conflicts. Errors that occurred in Microsoft Outlook attributed to a parameter mismatch. By updating your MS Outlook, you can eliminate these conflicts and avoid generating many error codes. You won’t be bothered by bugs that occur due to an older version.
If you have not yet updated Microsoft Outlook, you can do so now. You can do this internally in the app or by selecting the update from Microsoft. Along with the M.S. Outlook, the global update updates other applications and functions of the operating system, which is better for your computer’s overall health. So before updating, check the version and compare it with the latest version listed on the Microsoft Office website. Also, some steps given below you can take to earn your M.S. Office.
- Open MS Outlook on your PC
- Visit the Files option in the upper left corner.
- Select My Account from the menu.
- Click the Product Information menu and select the Update option.
A dialog box will download Microsoft Downloads. Once this is done, you can now easily send and receive emails without the error message appearing in your communications.
3.Fix the Error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] through Control Panel
Sometimes the M.S Office suite itself gets corrupted due to missing files in the installation file. As a result, the error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] occurs repeatedly, and the application becomes unusable. However, you can solve this issue with the help of the given steps below.
- Select the Start button on the taskbar.
- Type Control Panel in the search bar to open the Control Panel
- In Control Panel, choose Programs and Features.
- This will take you to the window where you can see the uninstallation of a program. Choose it.
- Choose Microsoft Office 365
- Left-click and select the Change option.
After following the steps, make sure you have the M.S. Outlook application to see if the problem resolved. Also, changes made may not affect the application that is already open. Usually, a reboot is required for the changes to take effect. If you didn’t notice the error opening, it is a good sign that your error fixed. So you do not need to update your M.S. Outlook available next time.
The bug will be fixed permanently unless specific changes cause problems again. However, you will know how to fix the problem using the knowledge provided in this article. You can fix the problem and correct the error yourself.
4. Evaluate The Configuration Requirements
Sometimes, it helps make changes to your email settings to remove the screen’s error message. The problem can occur because the emails’ recipient and sender cannot use the M.S. Outlook application. So you can quickly fix this problem by changing the required settings. And here are the steps you can take to do this.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your PC
- Choose the File button.
- In the menu, select the option “Recording settings.”
- Select the “Email” tab.
- Choose your email account.
- Select an Outlook record.
- Decide on other settings.
- And select the Web Email Settings tab.
- Select the Active Worker tab.
- Select the “My outgoing server (STMP) requires authentication” check box.
- Hit or click the OK button to save the settings.
- When the confirmation dialog appears, click. Yes, and the process is complete.
After completing the steps above, restart Microsoft Outlook and send an email. The error message should no longer appear on your screen. If none of the above fixes work, you will still see an error message [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] on your screen.
5. Reinstall Microsoft Outlook on your PC
It would be best if you reinstalled Microsoft Outlook after uninstalling the old M.S. Office from your computer. So follow these steps below to achieve it.
- Click Start in the lower-left corner of the taskbar.
- When the search bar appears, go to the control panel and open it.
- Click the Programs and Features option.
- You will discover the option “Uninstall a program.” Click it.
- If a list appears, select Microsoft Office 365 and double-click it.
- You can also left-click and select the “Uninstall” option.
After going through several dialog boxes, the uninstallation is complete. So you can now reinstall a fresh copy of Microsoft Office.
To install Microsoft Office, you have to go to the M.S. Office package and follow each window’s instructions. You have to check that you have optimal free space on drive C to accommodate the installation file. Otherwise, there is a possibility that the installed file corrupted. So the setup files you use to install the application downloaded at once without interruption.
Many users have encountered checksum errors in the installation file because it downloaded in parts. Hence, if you don’t have the setup file and are downloading it for the first time, make sure you have a reliable internet connection to avoid these errors. Since the MS Office Suite size is vast, the download time may be longer depending on your Internet connection speed.
Microsoft Outlook is an application that enhances safe and flawless work. However, the error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 is often displayed in MS Outlook. Hence, to correct the mentioned error. So i have provided methods that I tried myself. Besides, even non-technical users can easily fix this error in MS Outlook using the given methods. So you can also use the Outlook Recovery Tool to fix this error. So try it.
[pii_email_942ecb7f41f5d74d57d6], [pii_email_947252c1689253fec7a9], [pii_email_947a8a5da595cf38a0e1], [pii_email_94837c0f43734ba7634e], [pii_email_9497953364152c32828b], [pii_email_94bced9868a962e27dc4], [pii_email_9502c5e6772eafb0f6d4], [pii_email_95170dd15bf5b821e6e4], [pii_email_95341faeff5fbf66c9de], [pii_email_9542aaffdbd3d8bb339a], [pii_email_958f50e15ec0346a0f94], [pii_email_95e3d95939b7c086c3ab], [pii_email_95fb429ddab3b9357c9f], [pii_email_9611cb72a569028ade46], [pii_email_966967893a56affaf6f1], [pii_email_968646ba8ac5fb95bfb0], [pii_email_96b18cc2a78e40eeb93c], [pii_email_96dea0d74504ee9a401f], [pii_email_96e08ac0adc0cb05805f], [pii_email_96ed3933dcf6a5ca4d3e], [pii_email_9701ac3b75c2306c858b], [pii_email_97027a591abc0396f859], [pii_email_975ea55ea681cf79aa26], [pii_email_97601d4b06e7cf4d2683], [pii_email_9773c39327eaa6a2c2de], [pii_email_97745aae1b5bae8c4a85], [pii_email_9786e8cf957cb0a4ad5c], [pii_email_978cfd89f647fe6a8382], [pii_email_979e4d697ea1d186d5ce], [pii_email_97b38d1154a6cd9f], [pii_email_97cac32d28b40b019ee4], [pii_email_97cb26f8e3e8a0c7f8be], [pii_email_97e3bde0a5154fd4979e], [pii_email_97f8badf6dfa29eabbac], [pii_email_981e9c5fd01b67256f01], [pii_email_98829f78de1bd96c11ed], [pii_email_98877a3bd5eefa8f81de], [pii_email_98b840c12bc1ce1a06c8], [pii_email_98cbd6402837b0765ef8], [pii_email_98fcbf1cc59c7ffae0ea], [pii_email_9921ce382d84527bff21], [pii_email_99357bbaa039906a9912], [pii_email_9944e519c14ee61b7874], [pii_email_994e8cd1f4d963bade78], [pii_email_996b29def12dcf98a412], [pii_email_9a161c140a14ac086047], [pii_email_9a19974804e885213244], [pii_email_9a553b861ea4e643], [pii_email_9a5bdb203fdd29d227a0], [pii_email_9a7ca4c8df11ff6c23ff], [pii_email_9a8ed70f220a0d193b0b], [pii_email_9adeb2eb81f173c673a5], [pii_email_9b12cc1621f80889fd92], [pii_email_9b32fc5a9588a556a7c9], [pii_email_9b9b361ed7ae809f58d5], [pii_email_9ba7076c4cfb4ac10c23], [pii_email_9ba94c086590853d8247], [pii_email_9bf8aee5eb39635de8e5], [pii_email_9c5dc4743479b5cf], [pii_email_9c6f7bd10396a1c4], [pii_email_9cd39abc3912ca5cfac8], [pii_email_9d33c7400ca36a155ec1], [pii_email_9d4dc0b17b06221ceb84], [pii_email_9dbb7c34ace437e66bb8], [pii_email_9ddccc47653802dfb24c], [pii_email_9e0ee611de9339183c27], [pii_email_9e22bdf0bc2df09d9d87], [pii_email_9e39a8e26f41659213e5], [pii_email_9e54cbc20f7d3642872f], [pii_email_9e750e335dfd9d75badb], [pii_email_9ea9c0dde73f22b0b707], [pii_email_9eb077cd7ed6c9d6], [pii_email_9ec668753ecdd6f2583c], [pii_email_9ec8d6ea06a6c4962a31], [pii_email_9f2fe6037cc1578fa726], [pii_email_9f5b3733a3e3c055eb13], [pii_email_9f68bbe16e9f3ffea749], [pii_email_9fa25d315288cb893d8b], [pii_email_9fc498634be51bc3506c], [pii_email_9ffc884e74995a3bfc1e], [pii_email_9ffe242c03958f36c512], [pii_email_a05f148ad4809090e98a], [pii_email_a080349f0bcab19e039e], [pii_email_a096991b3f14edd32bb1], [pii_email_a09ae663ed64d4128110], [pii_email_a0a3164e6ca02075d826], [pii_email_a0b04901a1f52de5a391], [pii_email_a0f9047e89bb3009d812], [pii_email_a14b15789a117a1ddf0f], [pii_email_a1684ef51272d83692fc], [pii_email_a16dfc35053cb1c44c31], [pii_email_a1b8128daef9dfe1e816], [pii_email_a1dc8e9d2a4dbc820d2a], [pii_email_a1ddf2537ca3849309a7], [pii_email_a1e71138af63bc83222f], [pii_email_a1e9e3c9d5b7396bf9ee]