How many times have grainy videos ruined your movie marathon? So much so that you’ve been googling “how to fix grainy video online”. In this article, we’ll help you figure out how to fix grainy videos quickly.
But first, let’s look at:
Grainy Video Meaning
A granny video is one that looks like there are lots of spots on it. This displays poor quality. The video almost looks like there are small particles of grain on it.
Here’s what causes video pixelation:
- Videos may have been shot in poor lighting
- The camera settings combination may have been improper
- Videos may have been shot with a low aperture setting
- Videos may have been recorded with a camera that has a small sensor
- Videos may have been compressed
How to Fix Grainy Videos: 4 Methods
Nobody likes to watch pixelated videos. Luckily, there are a few ways you can rectify these errors. Find out how to fix grainy videos below.
1. Recover the original video file
If you have access to the original video file, you could get rid of your pixelated video and save the original file with compression of a lower level.
2. Choose a compatible video player
When we ponder over how to fix grainy videos, we begin to wonder if our video player is incompatible. This incompatibility tends to happen if videos are encoded with certain algorithms; those that prevent specific video players from efficiently rendering them.
To check if it’s the video player that’s the issue, try a different player.
3. Ensure your hardware has a good processing capacity
Check your hardware before you choose to watch a video. Since high-resolution videos consume a high amount of computing resources, there’s a good chance they might get pixelated if they exceed your hardware’s processing capacity.
So, before you look up “how to fix grainy video online”, ensure your hardware’s processing capacity is good enough to render high-resolution videos.
4. Use Stellar Repair for Video Software
If doing the above seems like an ordeal, then simply download Stellar Repair for Video.
With this software, you can rest assured knowing that multiple videos can be fixed simultaneously; no matter what file formats they use.
Stellar can repair video corruption issues like grainy, choppy, out-of-sync, and blurry videos. Even if your videos are extremely corrupted, Stellar, with its “Advanced Repair” feature can have them fixed in a jiffy.
Beyond solving your problems related to how to fix grainy videos, this software offers other benefits that include:
- Offering a preview of your repaired video before saving it
- Supporting all storage cards, cameras, and drives
- A simple, user-friendly, easy-to-use interface
What causes videos to be grainy or pixelated?
The most common reason for video pixelation is poor lighting. When you shoot in low light, your ISO settings increase to get rid of the graininess that‘s caused by ambient lighting. This, in turn, could cause issues like colors being off-tone because of uncorrected exposure compensation provided via the camera lens vignetting feature.
How to Fix Grainy Video with Stellar
Once you’ve downloaded Stellar Repair for Video on your Mac/Windows PC,
Click on ‘Add file’ (this would be the pixelated file you want to repair):
Next, select ‘Repair’:
You can then choose to preview your repaired file. And then click on Save Repaired File.
Activation Key of Stellar Repair for Video
To get started with the software, you’d need an activation key of Stellar Repair for Video.
- After you’ve downloaded the software, click on the ‘Activation’ icon from the top menu of your screen.
- Next, enter the activation key that you’ve received in your email upon software purchase. If you haven’t purchased the software yet and are using the demo version, then you’d need to choose the ‘Buy’ option on top of the screen and choose from the Standard, Premium, or Technician editions.
- Once you’ve made the purchase and activated the software, you’ll be notified.
Why are videos pixelated on your phone?
Video pixelation on phones could be due to low resolution or background clutter. For instance, if you’re using an old phone with limited storage, you’ll also have trouble clicking clear photos. Even if you try taking a slow-motion video, you’ll find that the clarity won’t be crisp enough on phones with limited storage, and it won’t be detailed enough
To conclude, there are a few ways you can reduce grain noise that include: checking compatibility issues with media players, reverting to the original size, using noise-reduction video plugins, using video editing software, and restoring the backup version of video files.
So, we know watching pixelated videos is no fun. But, with software like Stellar, these videos can be easily fixed. Say goodbye to low-quality videos today; use Stellar Repair for Video to remove the graininess and pixelation from your videos.